[modeleng] Valve Gear Modifications

  • From: "Pendragon" <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 22:41:31 -0000

Greetings all,

Saga of the Winsons Brit continues.  I have just spent about two hours
trying to set the valve gear on only one side of the engine.  I can just
about get it managable providing the reverser is in 100% back when I
want to get the loco goinf forwards .....no I haven't got any of the
bits in the wrong place or set in the wrong quadrant...not quite that
daft yet!

I am aware that Winsons had problems with this valve gear and developed
a modification, has anyone get any details.

Regards IP

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm

---