[modeleng] Re: OT trucks

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:57:29 -0500

Hi Jesse,

They do use salt on the roads here, but I've never had a new vehicle rust
like this one. Previous cars of mine lasted between 10-15 years with only
very minor surface rust and I do only reasonable autobody care, I'm no
zealot. Yearly oil spray and outer body wax is all I've ever done. I don't
believe the body was primed and painted properly on this truck, or it
wouldn't be rusting.

It was assembled in St.Louis Missouri, by the way, finished on a Wednesday
in May 2001.

Cheers Jeff Dayman