[modeleng] re : gas turbine locos

  • From: Pcx <pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:46:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,
Page 561 of ME issue 4234 (received yesterday !)  I've seen three pictures of
gas turbine locos using turbochargers. Is someone can explain US how they work
? I mean what kind of combustor(combustion chamber) they use, what fuel do they
burn and how they couple the turbo to the wheels ? May be it's simple for some
of you but I'm completely ignorant of this.
Regards.
PIerre
pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx
This e-mail is intended for the adressee(s)only and may contain info that is
the property of, and/or subject to a confidentiality agreement between the
intended recipients.If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the originator of this e-mail via e-mail and delete copies from your computer
or network.
Misuse of the content of this e-mail message may violate the Laws of your
Country