[modeleng] Re: OT trucks

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:13:55 -0600

Jeff,

I guess that is the end of that old rumor that all those lemons are put
together by a bunch of blokes recovering from a weekend of debauchery.
Sorry you got a bad one.  I guess we had a bad one also in our Pontiac
"Transport" minivan.  Something was always wrong with it starting with the
window actuators which had to be replaced several times, windshield wiper
motor, water pump seal, plastic air intake manifold thingie, and a zillion
other little defugultries.  Need a window actuator, I have a bunch of parts
because after the warranty ran out, I had to rework them as they failed.
Mostly the gears were too hard and I replaced them with some I got at the
local bearing supply house.  One thing for sure though, the body did not
rust.  Couldn't because it was plastic.

I try to keep off the roads when they put salt on them around here which is
not very often.  They use some sort of liquid now that they put on before
any snow or ice occurs.  I am sure it is corrosive also because it sure
keeps the roads clear.

Jesse