[modeleng] Re: SVR rail crash

  • From: The Sheppard Residence <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:18:29 +0000

The push-pull arguments were well aired following Polmont.  Which
resulted in many changes to the use of push-pull sets and also the
constraint on the inclusion of passengers in the leading vehicles that
travel at >100mph (they must not occupy the first third).

That's why the Voyagers have kitchen areas/guard areas at either end of
the train.

On GNER the DVTs (Driving Van Trailers) at the "London" end are designed
to be substantial and carry no passengers. (Nicknamed "Super Skodas -
all body and no engine!)

Cheers

Peter