[modeleng] Re: SVR rail crash

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:08:06 +0000 (GMT)

Ah - 35000 pounds seems more plausible...

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Paul Sherriff wrote:

> Hold on :) the system is changing my pounds to 3's
>
> The cost is 35000 pounds
>
> Hope that comes out correctly
>
> I think if something was possible to build and meet all the red tape and
> standards they would have done it by now...they don't like people bending
> their engines

...well, yes and no. Is this one of those cases where people are wary of
doing something because of the laws that relate to it, because there has
say, never been a test case of someone coming up with there own design of
barrier, and RHDR and worried that they might get tangled up in a court
case?

That is normally a winning reason for avoiding doing something, but maybe
the recent events might put a different slant on it, especially if they
face worse court action for not having installed any kind of barriers.

Do any of our legal eagles have a viewpoint on this?

Yours,

Rich.