[modeleng] SVR rail crash

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:01:04 -0000

I know it isnt models, but it is steam...

Some time ago there was a crash on the Severn Valley Railway.
(For those not in the UK, this is one of our biggest preserved steam
railways.)
A train collided with a van on a level crossing.

The result of the enquiry has just been released, which is that the van
driver was wholly to blame for the crash and the everything on the railway
was found to be OK.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.
.