[modeleng] Re: SVR rail crash

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:48:47 +0000

Does anyone know if  the car owner (or to be precise, their insurance
company) has been sued for damaging the train by driving onto the crossing?
I know it happened in the Gary Hart case at Heck, but how about the SVR,
RH&D and so on?

It surprised me that the Heck crash didn't see any of teh arguments that
appeared in the Engineer aired, about the safety of a push - pull scheme,
but that wouldn't apply on a real railway with steam...

Peter Chadwick
Swindon.