[modeleng] Re: SVR rail crash

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:28:28 -0000

As a working member on the SVR for nearly 30 years, I know the full story
and all the bits that go with it. The railway was never going to be blamed
and took the unusual step at the time of saying so. I sometimes wonder about
the mentality of car/ van drivers, who in their right mind, would take on
150tons of scrap metal thats moving at 20mph, (line speed at the crossing).
It happens too frequently on the big railway as we have seen of late in the
press all down to gross stupidity and no thought for others.

I'll climb off my soapbox now, sorry for the rant guys but it really winds
me up.

Dave.