[modeleng] Re: SVR rail crash o/t

  • From: "Andy A" <AndyA@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:02:35 -0000

Hi All
 Dave said 'I sometimes wonder about the mentality of car/ van drivers, who in
their right mind, would take on
150tons of scrap metal thats moving at 20mph'
It reminds me of a tale David Shepherd told in his book a 'Brush With Steam' It
was at the time he and a small group were based at Liss in Hampshire. The
residents were not to happy with these steam engines and one little old lady
threatened to Ram  'Black Prince' with her mini if he didnt move it out of her
way! Just goes to show some people havent got a clue.
Andy