[modeleng] Re: AVG 7

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:57:00 -0000

I dont know if it has a specific setting for Netscape, but I am not sure
that it needs one.
Even if it doesnt find a virus before downloading the email, it surely will
as soon as it is actually in the computer.
If I were you, I would try it.

The biggest problem with IE was that it opened automatically for any
pictures / attachments, and that left it vulnerable to virus's. (I still
like virii!)
That vulnerabity has been fixed and no longer applies, and so the individual
has to take some action to open the virus.

As far as vulnerability goes, they are everywhere. Even Mackintosh users are
getting them (albeit only a few so far) and one has been made for
cellphones!
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.