[modeleng] Re: Paypal revisited

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:09:58 -0000

Hi Alan,

Paypal have a system which to comply with British Banking Rules, is supposed
to stop money laundering by limiting how much you can pass through your
account in a given period.
I think that it is about £1100.If you have reached your limit this will
explain why they have pegged you.
What you have to do is become verified.
This means that you have to give them your bank details and they then to
prove that it is genuine transfer about 12p into it.
Once they have transfered the money in, you then contact them on a special
site which asks you how much was paid into your account.As you are the only
person who knows this,when you fill in the details, this Verifies that you
are genuine and Paypal then becomes unlimited.

I am on Paypal but just to be on the safe side I run a special Bank Account
for it which never has much money in it,so that if some smart alec thinks he
is going to clean it out he wont get much.

Regards

Clif