[modeleng] Re: Paypal revisited

  • From: Roger <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:49:50 +0000

Hi Alan,

    I came across this problem a few weeks ago.   I did a fair amount of
research,  even tried telephoning PayPal - but that didn't work.   As I
wanted to continue to use PayPal from time to time I decided that some
how I would have to comply with their conditions.   Eventually I found
an old bank account which I hardly ever use,  and gave PayPal the
authority to use a direct debit to that account - the process of doing
that involved talking to the bank's customer call centre in India who
stuffed things up for me - but that's another story.

    The big thing,  as far as I am concerned is that when making a
payment using PayPal,  they want you to use the direct debit route,  but
there is an option (in small print) to switch the payment to your credit
card.   I have used this route several times now and it seems to work.

    Alan,  If you want more details contact me off list.

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes,  where we haven't seen any
whiteness over the holidays.