[modeleng] Re: Paypal revisited

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:03:43 -0000

Actually, you guys are wrong on this occasion.

I went to pay for my website, and was going to use paypal as I have done
before.
Selected that option form my web hosts, which then went to the secure Paypal
page, but when I went to pay ot, the message was that I had exceeded my
credit limit.

I dont HAVE a credit limit, as all payments are deducted from my credit
carrd right away.
On looking through their site, the terms have changed and they seem to be
pushing everyone to use Direct Debit ratehr than Plastic.

Take a look at Paypals terms, and their requirments at:
 https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/ua-outside where it
says:
"In order to send a total of more than £500.00 GBP through our Service we
require you to provide us with additional identification or complete your
membership enrolment as described below. We require this information to
authenticate your identity and to determine how much you may transact with
your account."

Apparently, they will allow me to receive money (which I dont want to do),
but not to pay for goods.

As I have only used them some dozen or so times over the past two years, it
will be no great loss, just a minor inconvenience.

Alan
 .