[modeleng] Re: Milling machine vice

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:42:23 -0600

Yeah John,  It would be a lot cheaper (but weaker) to make a vise like 90%
of them are made now days.  I would like to have one of them Kurtz clones,
but as I said, I have seen that vice frame broken away exactly where the key
is located.  Lota of stress there, especially if one holds something near
the top of the jaws and then really tightens down the screw. Admittidly the
ones I have seen broken were at trade schools and had been subject to abuse
by students.

Jesse in summat coolish West Tennessee, Brrrr