[modeleng] Milling machine vice

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:03:29 -0600

At 08:27 AM 11/19/05 EST, you wrote:
>I have a Rong Fu  RL80RF311 Mill/Drill with a 8" x 28" Table.
>find a suitable Milling Machine Vice. I want something which is very =20
>substantial ~ 4" jaw width. Does anyone have an idea ? - Bruce

Bruce,
      The general murmer around the machine tool world is that Rong Fu
verisons of various machines are as good as you will find from the far
east.        Are you in the USA?  If so all of the big mail-order tool
houses (MSC, J&L, Travers, etc) carry Chinese clones of "Kurt" brand
milling machine vises in 4" size for between $125 and $150.  Mine is from
Travers Tool, Cat #61-204-204 (Taiwan) and I and two other owners I know
have been completely satisfied with ours although as you know the exact
item may change from year to year depending upon their supplier.  Even the
4" size are rather heavy at about 50lbs=B1 ea.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee