[modeleng] Milling machine vice

  • From: BrVoelker@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:27:37 EST

I have a Rong Fu  RL80RF311 Mill/Drill with a 8" x 28" Table. This is  one of
the popular Mills/Drills seen in many ads. I understand this machine is  made
in Taiwan, not Red China. There is a local store which sells an identical
machine but made in Red China which seems to be a real lost cause.

My question is: the Vice which came with the machine is very poor. The  store
where I bought my machine caters to larger machine shops and could not  help
me find a suitable Milling Machine Vice. I want something which is very
substantial ~ 4" jaw width. Does anyone have an idea ?

thanks in advance,
Bruce