[lit-ideas] Re: question on immigration

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:15:36 EST

In a message dated 3/26/2006 11:50:22 P.M. Central Standard Time,
carolkir@xxxxxxxx writes:

ck: Aha. I get it now. It's Scramble of the Bottom-Feeder  time. Instead of
attacking the mega-rich people and corporations who  benefit from the new Bush
tax cuts (and offshoring, among other things), let's  distract ourselves by
fretting about the cost of social programs--although  they're already whittled
to very, very little.

Hi,
Yes...that's sometimes what it feels like!   Not really what one  wants to
have communicated, mind you, but it is what it ends up seeming like it  sounds!

And, so, that is *one* of the reasons for not wanting illegal
immigration--that there ARE fewer and fewer dollars to go around for  social
programs ...
which are being cut and cut and cut...

So, yes--the pushing of making the illegal immigrants legal is being done  by
corporate America and corporate America does not believe in paying taxes and
also thinks that anyone on the public dole of any sort is a no-good lazy
one...so how can they say such and then not pay living wages?  I don't  know.
But, knowing that the Chambers of Commerce, etc. are all pushing for  cheap
non-skilled 'guest workers' instead of hiring those who are here and need
jobs...it just does seem so suspect to me. (okay--I grant you--I'm always a bit

leary when they are pushing and driving so hard for something--I see few of
them
with the desire for taking care of their workers any more...)

 If there was not  the corporate welfare, the tax cuts for the  mega-rich--we
had a sense of social obligation--maybe we would not have issues  with the
bringing in of so many more people.  That is very true.

and, I don't know why that is not being talked about.  (I suppose that  is
why the question as to why we can put so many on the street to be pro-Bush  and
pro-illegal immigration and not be able to get so many out on the street to
impeach one of the reasons why we have so little to be caretakers of those in
our immediate communities...)

though one of the sites which was sent to me today from a Democratic list
that I am on stated that one reason for concern was the issues of the
environment--that we are already almost to the overload point in terms of water
 and
land and other usage--and that's true in Missouri, for sure--there was a  study
done not long ago which talked about that...which is why the sale, I  suppose,
of the national parks and forests is so attractive to developers--there  is
not much left at least in Missouri...  The point there, I guess, is that  there
needs to be planned growth and not this rampant out-of-control population
growth that is happening. Which is why one of the main proponents to the link
sent to me had lots of environmental stuff in regards to this issue...

Best,
Marlena