[lit-ideas] Re: question on immigration

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:50:04 -0800

Marlene wrote: Do you think the social costs to those in the USA are 'okay'?

ck: Aha. I get it now. It's Scramble of the Bottom-Feeder time. Instead of
attacking the mega-rich people and corporations who benefit from the new Bush
tax cuts (and offshoring, among other things), let's distract ourselves by
fretting about the cost of social programs--although they're already whittled
to very, very little. While we're at it, let's focus on an issue like gay
marriage--or what to do about illegal immigration--instead of demanding that
Bush & Co. fix that mess in Iraq. Okay, I get it now.

Carol