[lit-ideas] Re: lit-ideas Digest (editing) and Missouri)

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:13:42 +0900

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:04 PM, <cblists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9-Nov-08, at 9:15 PM, wokshevs@xxxxxx wrote:
>
>  Who was it that said: "It is always both morally and epistemically wrong
>> believe independent of reasons for the belief."
>>

> No-one. Apparently not even you, Walter.

It might be held up as an ideal that we should not assert belief without
having good reasons to believe. Practically speaking, however, we
 incessantly act on beliefs that we have no time to examine. Thus, it
appears, my Lutheran upbringing was right. Without the grace of God we are
all sinful worms forever.

John

--
John McCreery