[lit-ideas] Re: Vanunu's Secret

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:36:39 EDT

The "rational" reason the U.S. deserves to be the Only Country In The World
To Have The Right To Have An Exponential Number of Nukes seems to be that it is
not a totalitarian regime but a democracy.  I don't think much of that, but
if it's the position that is touted, Israel is one of the few ME countries with
a democratic government.  Frankly, though, I figure the tallest strongest guy
on the block is the one who says what size stone everyone else can pick from
the pile, while he sits on a mountain of bricks.  And it doesn't even make me
feel safer to be sitting on that pile.
Julie Krueger