[lit-ideas] Re: Vanunu's Secret

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:43:19 EDT

Omar writes: "It is chillying to see this proof of advanced loss of ability
to read."
He means "chilling" of course.
from http://www.tribuneindia.com/2000/20001022/world.htm#2

USA â??avertedâ?? Indo-Pak N-war in 1999
WASHINGTON, Oct 21 (PTI) â?? The USA helped avert nuclear powers India and
Pakistan from what might have been a possible catastrophic war in 1999,
President
Bill Clintonâ??s National Security Adviser Samuel Berger has said.
The USA â??helped pull nuclear-armed India and Pakistan from the brink of what
might have been a catastrophic war in 1999,â?? Mr Berger told Georgetown
University students here yesterday in a major foreign policy address.
Stating that local conflicts could have global consequences, he said, the USA
worked for peace in the Middle East, the Balkans, Northern Ireland and India
and Pakistan because â??We believe that the challenge of foreign policy in any
age is to defuse conflicts before, not after, they escalate and harm our vital
interests.â??