[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:51:33 -0400

John: That still doesn't answer the question what next? What comes after "the end of major combat operations"? ... Will we have enough of the right people, with the right training and the right equipment to put boots on the ground and hold the landscape we have ravaged? Let alone restore civil order and rebuild the infrastructure we've destroyed?

No. Nor should we. We were discussing defending South Korea from a North Korean attack. Let China put boots on the ground in the north. It's their sphere of influence.