[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens' Hypothetical Iraq War

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:59:35 -0500

Andreas: Eric beats the war drums...

I did nothing of the kind. I asked a question. One that you apparently can't answer.

Omar said the US should have, "gone after the
Al-Qaida leaders and arrested them, instead of using
9/11 as a pre-text to attack a country that had
nothing to do with it."

My response was, "Assume we had done just that. Getting the al-Qaeda leaders would involve sending troops into Pakistan and ransacking the place, with or without the cooperation of the Pakistani government. Would that have made the US any more popular?"