[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens' Hypothetical Iraq War

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:43:37 -0800 (PST)

--- Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andreas: Al Qaida was in Pakistan because at Tora
> Bora, the US secretly allowed Pakistan to pull its
> troops out (10,000 or more Pakistani soldiers and
> officers were in Afghanistan as part of the
> Taliban). Along with that pullout, the Pakistani
> also brought Al Qaida out of Afghanistan.
>
> Eric: Please provide some reference for this
> assertion. If it is secret, how do you know it? As
> for al-Qaeda leadership being all lumped up in
> Afghanistan, that is patent nonsense. Where do you
> think they found Khald Sheik Mohammed? Pakistan.

That was a good two years after 9/11, as you know. If
the al-Qaeda leadership was never in fact lumped up in
Afghanistan, as you seem to believe, why did the US
attack that country ? We were told that Bin-Laden and
Zawahiri escaped through Tora Bora well after the US
invasion started; was that also a lie ? But Bin-Laden
himself published an account that seemed to confirm
this; is he a part of the conspiracy then ?

It's a bit difficult to say what the US government
ought ot have done when its every step is wrapped in
lies.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com