[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens' Hypothetical Iraq War

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:38:07 -0800 (PST)

--- Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  >>This is political science fiction, but at least
> shows
> that you have some imagination.
>

> See, Omar, if it were all science fiction, I'd
> still be reading Rumi and 9/11 wouldn't have
> happened. My friends would still be alive. (Look
> at the photo on the blog of NYC at Y2K.) The
> unimaginable happened. That hypothesis ceased to
> be one. It became a painful event.
>
> Put down your ideological shield for a moment and
> tell me what you think the US should have done
> after 9/11. Just sit back and take it? Or try to
> fix some root problems? Go into an introspective
> period of mourning and self-recrimination, or try
> to excise the rotten core of the apple?

Well, for one thing it should have gone after the
Al-Qaida leaders and arrested them, instead of using
9/11 as a pre-text to attack a country that had
nothing to do with it. Ever thought about that ?

No, this wouldn't solve all the problems but I am not
paid to write foreign policy or security papers for
the US government. However, I just posted an article
that provides at least some suggestions for a more
productive foreign policy.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com