[lit-ideas] Re: Seduction, Not Force, That's Where It's At

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:16:55 -0500

Marlena: But, the private part of me--the one which values privacy, the one which would prefer that no one know what I am looking at, or am in need of, etc. would prefer that those "watching" would not know...

Putting up with ads is also a choice.

All you need is a good ad-blocking and privacy software. It will remove ad images, web bugs, spyware, referrers, BHOs, and tracking cookies--even keep your browser headers discrete.

For an example of the last mentioned category there is "stealthier," an extension for Firefox 1.5 (http://www.zadet.net/). You can also use anonymous proxies to surf the web or an anonymous browser like notrax (http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/) or happy browser (http://www.programurl.com/happy-browser.htm).