[lit-ideas] Re: Seduction, Not Force, That's Where It's At

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:43:59 -0800

Tivo,  web, iPod, Google News, blogs, RSS, etc. are
making TV/radio/newspaper  obsolete.

But, doesn't marketing and advertising abound in that world, too?

yes, but it's different (okay, only in degree). the consumer CHOOSES to search for that item.

in newpapers, i'm bombarded with ads for cell phones. i have one, and i don't want another one. yet i get ads anyway.

on the web, i don't see cellphone ads in my searches. i see ads for what i'm searching. only when i decide to upgrade my cellphone and i search for <cell phone>, then i see ads for cell phones.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com