[lit-ideas] Re: Seduction, Not Force, That's Where It's At

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:34:27 EST

In a message dated 3/31/2006 12:12:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Tivo,  web, iPod, Google News, blogs, RSS, etc. are
making TV/radio/newspaper  obsolete.

Hi,
But, doesn't marketing and advertising abound in that world, too?

Isn't that one of the reasons why knowing how and who and where the clicks
come to and from important?

If anything, it is allowing for even more direct and targeted
marketing...even while the consumers are *thinking* that they are in control.
If  they only
knew how much information abounds about them as they even press  one little
key...

And, with the 'local' web coming our way--it's only going to get even more
and more segmented and targeted...

I think > > "forcing consumers to fund their purchases with a massive
increase in
> > debt acquisition."

has more to do with the 'aha!  You finally found what you [or yours]
need/want! Now, you CAN get it--just sign on this dotted line and you won't
have  to
pay interest on it for x months'

Surely it's not just around here that we hear that?

And, yes--the subtleness of advertising now comes through with the wearing
of images in movies, etc. -- attaching your product to someone who is admired,
a  show that is watched, etc. etc.  It's not quite as 'in your face' but it is
 still there.

Look at how many sites show up as you do a search...(or, as most people do  a
search online--)  And, how much is remembered of what you keyed in as a
search in the past?  Think that is not remembered and that there are not
advertisers paying big bucks to know and advertise to you?  Particularly if
your
computer is showing that you live in a particular segment of the  population?

Best,
Marlena in Missouri
suggesting people go look at _http://www.mybestsegments.com_
(http://www.mybestsegments.com)  and see  which top five segments are in your