[lit-ideas] Re: 2006 reading lists

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 17:56:17 -0500

--- eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Although I just started this title found online
> because of the recent conversation about whether or
> not a pedophile is just a misunderstood person who
> is a victim of the age of consent laws

>I don't remember anybody saying that.

>Judy Evans, Cardiff

We said there was some blurring of pedophiles and gays. That doesn't mean
pedophiles are misunderstood. It means that homophobes have a habit of
calling gays pedophiles. They have blurred the difference because it serves
their homophobic needs.

If you're not homophobic, Marlena, (is that accurate?), you should see that
people who like to have sex with children are very different from
homosexuals. If you don't, then I'm concerned about you.

Do you see the difference? If you do, then don't make such cute summary
distortions.

Stan Spiegel
Portland, ME

voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com