[lit-ideas] Re: 2006 reading lists

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 17:30:23 -0500

Hi,
Generally...and most are scattered in my office at work since I now am required
to do something besides work through lunch...

Although I just started this title found online because of the recent
conversation about whether or not a pedophile is just a misunderstood person
who is a victim of the age of consent laws

(granted <wry look>, it will probably be printed off and finished offline...)

 http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC70.pdf

Child Molesters: A Behavioral Analysis for Law-Enforcement Officers
Investigating the Sexual Exploitation of Children by Acquaintance Molesters
written by Kenneth Lanning (4th edition)

Part of this is also an outcome of the interaction I've been having with the
head of the Missouri Internet Crimes Against Children.  As one if five kids is
sexually solicited online (and that is of just the reported numbers) and
knowing a couple who have been, the topic is of interest and concern to me.

Based on this thread, I will be in touch with some of the adolescent
psyhologists in not just my local area, but a few that I am familiar with and
have heard speak. As well, will be discussing this with the three police
officers that I know quite well...two of which have been DARE officers in our
area and so, based on what my own chlid has learned on risk-taking behaviors,
will be intriguing conversations. As well, there is, apparently, an American
Professional Society on the Abuse of Children.  That research will probably
begin online, too...or via a database.

Best,
Marlena
always intrigued by where the threads on a list will lead me