[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: License issue

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 20:13:41 +1000

On 16/05/2014 6:21 PM, Christian Egli wrote:
From where I sit both licenses look pretty
similar. They are still both the LGPL.
As I noted in a previous reply, the controversial difference is I suspect the "installation information" provision in section 6 of the GPL. That essentially means that it is a violation of the GPL/LGPL if users don't have all of the required instructions, keys, etc. without restriction to install a modified version of the library. That is a big problem for iOS and other walled garden environments.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Executive Director, NV Access Limited