[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: License issue

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 06:43:34 -0700

Christian, you say you are not a lawyer, and that is unfortunately all that
needs to be said.  The big corporate lawyers are terrified of LGPL3 just as
they were terrified of GPL.  Which is why we switched from GPL to LGPL.  It
does not matter one whit that you or I think LGPL3 is okay.  If the big
corporations will not use liblouis even though some of us think it is okay with
LGPL3, we are making life difficult for blind people who use their software.

John G