[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: License issue

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 10:22:13 +0200

Like Jamie, I wouldn't be happy with a move to a more permissive
license, but I also wouldn't want to stand in the way either. However I
think we should be extra careful with the translation tables. It would
be "kind of" acceptable if people couldn't update their phone with an
updated version of the library, but we have to avoid at all cost that
people wouldn't even be able to update or add tables. Maybe we should
ask App developers that they have to find a way to let users easily
manage their tables? Then we can keep using LGPL for the tables at
least.

Bert