[jhb] Re: Which Speed?

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:27:40 +0100

Mike
Ridge turbulence is prevalent in both FS9 and FSX, altho, it seems better in FSX. eg last night, I flew from a field, across a lake, and then, when crossing an island, experianced turbulence, which threw my C172 around, passing the island, normality was restored.
As the island was not flat, I assume an updraught.
The ridge soaring in the FSX glider, demonstrates this even better.
As far as the discussion about which speed, whilst interesting, I feel was only of real interest to no more that 2 people. I basically got lost, with the technicalities that were being thrown around.
Frank F