[jhb] Re: SRA

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 05:05:46 +0100

My post was only intended to describe in brief how an SRA works - it doesn't
provide any instruction in how to conduct one or any of the very specific
radio procedures required.

I presume an SRA is taught as part of the C2 exam so I guess you have to be
rated APP to conduct one.

As to your Leeds TWR controller flying on VATSIM as well as controlling on
IVAO it depends on circumstances. How do you know he was flying on VATSIM?
Did he ignore his IVAO duties and compromise traffic? If the latter is true
you should have followed the rules and called in a supervisor and then
explained the situation to him - he can then reprimand or kick the user as
he sees fit.

You can find a list of supervisors online from the IVAO HQ, Services page.
Alternatively you could have sent a WALLOP message on text.