[jhb] IT Guru There?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB Restricted <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:18:39 +0000

This machine and my FSX machine are wire plugged into my Netgear router. My laptop can also automatically access the internet, via the router, from anywhere in the house.

One of my daughters is with us at present. Her laptop is an Apple Mac. When the two machines in here are running, her Mac has difficulty in accessing the network. The first difference is that she has to select from other networks in the area, whilst my laptop doesn't. When my two desktops are running she can't join, when she selects my network.

When in NZ, her friend's husband, who works for HP, found that if he was on a network and my daughter hooked into the same one, then he was thrown off.

All of which seems to point to her Mac and exonerate my network. Beyond that I haven't a clue. Others might?