[jhb] Re: IT Guru There?

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:24:52 +0000

I often have two, sometimes three, wireless laptop connections to my router at the same time as 3 or 4 wired connections and with a variety of operating systems - W7, XP and Linux: so far no problems.

An old friend is just in the process of upgrading an old W2K machine to a brand-new iMac - it will be interesting to see whether it can see and talk to the XP machine also on his LAN. He has previously tested a Mac laptop to confirm that it picks up his wireless network OK for the internet, but we still have reservations about the interoperability of Macs and Windows machines on the same LAN.

Mike L

On 13/01/2011 09:30, Fossil wrote:
If the Asus can get through on wireless it seems to push the problem source
away from the router and back to the Mac. Unfortunately I know sod all about
these - or anything else beginning with "i"..