[jhb] Re: IT Guru There?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:35:57 +0000

One of my unsolicited presents was a Kindle. I like books and wasn't really attracted by the electronic reader option. The downside to the conventional route is the space required. I daren't put up any more shelves and already have hundreds in inaccessible loft space.

I'm now a convert! I see the kindle not as a replacement but a very useful addition. I've already downloaded about 50 freebies, or near freebies. Books like the series on Peter Whimsey, Bulldog Drummond, Father Brown, some of the John Buchan books that I don't already have.

Even better, when I bought a leather jacket for the thing, to protect it, it immediately became the shape of a conventional book.

One of the major attractions is not having to buy, or lug around, books, when I'm dragged on holiday.

Any other closet Kindle owners out there?

Gerry Winskill

On 17/01/2011 09:19, Peter Dodds wrote:
Yes me too. I have 3 PCs, up to 3 laptops, 2 paystation 3s and 2 iPOD
Touches all on my network at the same time.  the Netgear Router has no
problem with that, but I do have fixed IP Addresses for all these
devices.

In case you wonder why - my children are complete technophiles and
because they ask for money for Christmas and birthdays from everybody,
they buy all these gizmos themselves, although my wife bought one of the
PS3s to watch videos on the telly using its Blu-Ray disk reader and its
ability to pay videos from her laptop on the telly, wirelessly.  Of
course the children use it too.  They play multiplayer games in different
rooms on the PS2s (and the iPODs.)

Me - I just fly FS!

Peter