[jhb] Re: IT Guru There?

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:09 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

My router is normally on 24/7, but I have to power it down 2 or 3 times a
week to restore connections.  It does sometimes just lose devices on the
network. I accept that as part of life and don't worry about it.

Similarly, when the internet seems very very slow, powering down the
router (minimum 30 seconds recommended) clears the blockage.

Peter