Inaccessible AVG update message

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 09:19:46 -0500

Hello listers,

Once a week, I am getting a message after I boot up that JAWS can't read. The
only thing JAWS is able to read is the window header, which says something
about a deadline approaching. A sighted person was able to read the message
contents, and told me it was about support for AVG ending on a particular date,
and that I needed to upgrade to AVG 7.5. I think the date was supposed to be
January 15. That date has come and gone, yet I am still getting weekly virus
definition updates, and that message about my older version of AVG expiring is
still popping up once each week.

If I download the free version of AVG 7.5 and install it, will it use my
earlier configuration settings for AVG?

Alan