RE: Inaccessible AVG update message

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:59:47 -0600 (CST)

It's certainly accessible, but far more important than accessibility is virus detection ability. By many tests, AVG comes out near the bottom. There are several good anti-virus packages out there, my personal favorite is Nod32 from www.nod32.com. Extremely accessible and highly-rated.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Roger Bachelder wrote:

Hi Bruce,

I'm thinking of switching from Mcafee Virus scan to something else. Can you
tell me why you don't think AVG is trustworthy?
Most people I talk to about it say it's good. And very accessible to Jaws.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger Bachelder