[jaws-uk] Re: Legacy Support

  • From: "Pete" <noizypete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:14:49 -0000

Graham,

The website in my case is:
http://www.oldiesproject.com
In version 8 and in version 7.1 without legacy support only 2 links are
displayed, but in other versions or with legacy support switched on, all
links are shown and I can hit the winamp link to play the music.

There are other such cases though, just last week I was chatting with a JAWS
user in America who had just installed 7.1 and could no longer access his
bank accounts online. Remembering some discussions from this list, I
suggested he give it a try with legacy support on, and next day he contacted
me to say that my suggestion had worked and he could access his accounts
again.

Incidentally, a demo of the latest version of Window-Eyes, which they claim
is designed to work with IE7, reads the oldies site perfectly, so it seems
as if FS have been too hasty in withdrawing legacy support and not giving us
a suitable solution.

Regards,

Pete H.