[iyonix-support] DVI on Iyonix

  • From: Steve Ellacott <s.w.ellacott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:51:51 GMT

Hi folks

I am planning to upgrade my graphics card (I already have RO 5.12)
before switching to an LCD monitor and would like a bit of advice.

1) If I buy a FX5200 graphics card that has DVI output will I be able
to use it to drive a DVI monitor?

2) Do I need a 256 Mb card or willa 128 Mb one do?

3) Is it actually worthwhile upgrading? What are the main advantages?

4) Any general advice as to a good choice of card?

Steve

--
Steve Ellacott, Computing, Mathematical and Information Sciences,
University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb, BN2 4GJ, UK