[iyonix-support] Re: DVI on Iyonix

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:37:49 GMT

In message <2454150.25431-tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart) wrote:

> On Sat 17 Feb 2007 (20:06:25), James R.Scholes wrote:
> >
> > Um. That'd be the serial port. The VGA out is 3 rows of 5 sockets  each,
> > on a PCI card, usually next to the USB card.
>
> Oh, I didn't actually look closely at the back of the computer, the 5/4
> pins thing is what is on the non-TV end of the connecting lead.

Good grief!  Let me understand this correctly: you are using (or
are proposing to use) a cable that has a 9 pin connector at the
end furthest from the monitor?

Where did you get this cable from?  What was it last used with?
An A3000 or something about 20 years old?  You can't be using it
with an Iyonix, no matter what monitor you have at the other end,
because the Iyonix doesn't have a 9 pin video output.  Nor do the
Risc PC or A7000.

Just stick to "VGA" - 15 pins at both ends.  It will be compatible
with the Iyonix, it will be compatible with your monitor (you did
say it was VGA compatible, didn't you?  I've deleted postings from
earlier in this thread.)

Dave