[iyonix-support] Re: Troubleshoot and fix

  • From: root <mistymornings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:22:55 GMT

In message <98d2fcb24e.habett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Stephane Habett Roux <habett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm ready to pay someone to troubleshoot my Iyonix's boot sequence
>(fix it so that there is no need for someone to press Esc in order to
>boot)
[snip]
I had a similar problem recently and in my case it was down to corrupt
CMOS.

IF you keep the Iyonix support postings then it is under the thread
name;
"Iyonix will not get to system beep without hitting Escape"

Below is the fix that sorted out my problem (posted by jwb).
HTH
Stan

Start of quote.
>>> That shouldn't be necessary, either something is unplugging it each time, or
>>> the CMOS memory is corrupt.
>> How do I 'uncorrupt' the CMOS memory? Delete power on?

in theory yes.. but ---

the quickest way is

*fx 162,239,0  (at the F12 command line)

which corrupts the cmos checksum, then a reboot, which loads the default
cmos settings

John

End of quote

--