[iyonix-support] Re: DVI on Iyonix

  • From: davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:52:50 +0000

Quoting Tennant Stuart <tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> The second longest will just reach, and (I now see) has 15 pins at both
> ends. However, all the other leads have a bulge at both ends, and this
> lead has only one bulge. Is it alright to have the bulge at the computer
> end? Otherwise, I'll never get this thick lead to plug in under the TV.

The position (or even presence) of the bulge(s) is extremely unlikely
to affect you.  They /only/ affect transmission and/or reception of radio
interference.  Because of other design changes forced by regulatory
requirements over these last 20-ish years, RF interference has all but
ceased to be a problem.

Those bulges don't affect the main performance of the system.

Dave