[iyonix-support] Re: Booting doesn't complete

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:45:35 GMT

In message <137a50524f.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <FCE5E352-C250-4E08-9AA0-9667E225CF3C@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  on 16 Dec 2007 Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >>  The randomness suggests to me that it might be something to do
> >> with the PSU, or even a loose connection.
>
> > No, the Iyonix just does behave randomly when you try to switch
> > it on. (Yes, I know that's impossible - but it does, all the same.)

[snip]

> I have a suspicion that it can be temperature related -- when I moved
> my Iyonix from bare floorboards to a less draughty spot things
> improved dramatically.  Replacing the power supply didn't eliminate
> the randomness.
>
> So you choices seem to be 1) turn the heating up 2) hibernate until
> Spring 3) emigrate to somewhere warmer :-)
>

> Regards

I did wonder whether it could be to do with the temperature. I have
been trying to survive for most of the day without heating (= my
effort to reduce my 'carbon footprint') and the weather has been
colder recently. So I may have to do option (2).  :-<<

But could it be that the PSU is beginning to fail? Nixiyo is now 5
years old.

Perhaps JB could comment on this?

Thanks for responses so far.

Dave Lane

--
The shattered tower which now forms Vista from his Windows.  --Sir W. Scott.
[1913 Webster] -- a prophet for our time?