[iyonix-support] Booting doesn't complete

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:11:36 GMT

Hi all Iyonix PCers,

Lately Nixiyo, my Iyonix PC, often stops part way through the
boot sequence. When this happens, it usually stops during the
pre-desktop phase after printing some of the lines to screen. The
exact point at which it stops varies. Once it stopped during the
desktop phase. In either case I have to switch off and start again
-- the reset button doesn't do anything. Then it usually completes
the boot-up satisfactorily.

What does it mean?

It seems to happen randomly. I have known this to happen in the
past, but only isolated instances and so not worth reporting.

I have not added anything to the boot sequence. Presumably, if it
was a software fault with the boot, the problem would occur on
every boot-up.

Dave Lane

--
A true sign ..... of a recycled signature!