[iyonix-support] Re: Booting doesn't complete

  • From: Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:59:57 +0000

On 18 Dec 2007, at 22:29, Harriet Bazley wrote:

On 16 Dec 2007 as I do recall,
          Andrew Pinder wrote:

[snip]

I have a suspicion that it can be temperature related -- when I moved
my Iyonix from bare floorboards to a less draughty spot things
improved dramatically.  Replacing the power supply didn't eliminate
the randomness.

So you choices seem to be 1) turn the heating up 2) hibernate until
Spring 3) emigrate to somewhere warmer :-)

But then I have the opposite suspicion - during the summer months the
start-up rate was appalling, but for the last couple of months it has
been starting up (almost - bar one or two exceptions) without fail every
time.   I've switched off the radiator.   :-)

Is that the opposite? In one sense - but you seem
to agree that it may be temperature-related.

I'm going to try aiming a blow-heater at mine.
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support